The USF-PRRN coordinates research and scholarship across a wide range of research areas known as “hubs.” Laboratories and faculty researchers across USF with expertise in the designated research hubs can be quickly coordinated through the USF-PRRN in response to critical global health threats.
The research hubs within the PRRN also provide critical training for the next generation of researchers and health specialists in areas related to viral outbreaks.
PRRN Research Hubs
- Basic Research Towards Therapeutics, Diagnostics and Vaccines
- Behavioral, Socio-emotional and Educational Wellbeing
- Clinical and Translational Research
- Environmental Health and Resiliency
- Information, Computing, Communication Technology
- Manufacturing, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Microbiome, Immunology and Infection Mitigation
- Surveillance and Epidemiology