Task Force Reports:
Report of the USF Task Force for COVID-19 Research Funding (PDF)
April 27, 2020
Executive Summary – USF Task Force for COVID-19 Research Funding (PDF)
April 7, 2020
Report of the USF Task Force for COVID-19 Research Funding (PDF)
April 1, 2020
Dr. Brechot’s Health Research & Care Blog
- Ashour, H.M.; Elkhatib, W.F.; Rahman, M.M.; Elshabrawy, H.A. Insights into the Recent 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in Light of Past Human Coronavirus Outbreaks. Pathogens 2020, 9(3),186; March 4, 2020. https://doi.org/10.3390/pathogens9030186
- Das M, Penn C, Martinez T, Mayilsamy K, McGill A, Wiling A, Mohapatra SS, Mohapatra S. COVID-19 neurotropism and implications for therapy. Neuroimmunol Neuroinflammation 2020;7: [Online First]. http://dx.doi.org/10.20517/2347-8659.2020.36
- Feldman A. Science Teacher Action Research in the Time of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Action Research and Innovation in Science Education. 2020;3(2):25-26. https://doi.org/10.12973/arise/512463
- Ma, C., Sacco, M.D., Hurst, B. et al. Boceprevir, GC-376, and calpain inhibitors II, XII inhibit SARS-CoV-2 viral replication by targeting the viral main protease. Cell Res (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41422-020-0356-z
- Park, Y.J., Farooq, J., Cho, J. et al. Fighting the War Against COVID-19 via Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine: Lessons Learned from 1918 Spanish Flu and Other Previous Pandemics. Stem Cell Rev and Rep (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12015-020-10026-5
- Zafer, M.M.; El-Mahallawy, H.A.; Ashour, H.M. Severe COVID-19 and Sepsis: Immune Pathogenesis and Laboratory Markers. Microorganisms 2021, 9, 159. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms9010159
- Marwa M.H. El-Sayed, Yasin F. Elshorbany, Kirsten Koehler, On the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on air quality in Florida, Environmental Pollution, 2021, 117451, ISSN 0269-7491, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2021.117451
- Shepherd, B.A., Tanjil, M.RE., Jeong, Y. et al. Ångström- and Nano-scale Pore-Based Nucleic Acid Sequencing of Current and Emergent Pathogens. MRS Advances 5, 2889–2906 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1557/adv.2020.402
- Diaz-Elsayed, Nancy, Charkhgard, Hadi, Wang, Michael Cai, Sustainable and Resilient Manufacturing for the Post–COVID-19 Era. ASTM International: Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing Systems, 2020, Volume 4, Issue 3, ISSN: 2520-6478. https://doi.org/10.1520/SSMS20200053
- Trace-Σ: a privacy-preserving contact tracing app, Jean-Franois Biasse and Sriram Chellappan and Sherzod Kariev and Noyem Khan and Lynette Menezes and Efe Seyitoglu and Charurut Somboonwit and Attila Yavuz available online at: https://eprint.iacr.org/2020/792.
- R. Minetto, M. P. Segundo, G. Rotich and S. Sarkar, “Measuring Human and Economic Activity From Satellite Imagery to Support City-Scale Decision-Making During COVID-19 Pandemic,” in IEEE Transactions on Big Data, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 56-68, 1 March 2021, https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9234742
- M. P. Segundo, A. Pinto, R. Minetto, R. d. S. Torres and S. Sarkar, “Measuring Economic Activity From Space: A Case Study Using Flying Airplanes and COVID-19,” in IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 14, pp. 7213-7224, 2021, doi: 10.1109/JSTARS.2021.3094053.
- Cole Hill, MS Thesis: “Automatic Detection of Vehicles in Satellite Images for Economic Monitoring,” Spring 2021
- Das M, Penn C, Martinez T, Mayilsamy K, McGill A, Willing A, Mohapatra SS and Mohapatra S. COVID-19 Neurotropism and implications for therapy. Neuroimmunol and Neuroinflammation. (2020) DOI: 10.20517/2347-8659.2020.36. https://nnjournal.net/article/view/3482
- McGill A, Khalil R, Dutta R, Green R, Howell R, Mohapatra S and Mohapatra SS. SARS-CoV-2 Immuno-pathogenesis and potential for diverse vaccines and therapies: Opportunities and Challenges. Infect Dis Rep 2021, 13, 102–125. https://doi.org/10.3390/idr13010013
- Howell R, Green R, McGill A, Khalil R, Dutta R, Mohapatra S and Mohapatra SS. SARS-CoV-2 Induced Gut Microbiome Dysbiosis: Implications for Colorectal Cancer. Cancers. 13(11), 2676 (2021) https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers13112676
- Ran Tao, Joni Downs, Theresa M. Beckie, Yuzhou Chen, Warren McNelley. (2020). Examining Spatial Accessibility to COVID-19 Testing Sites in Florida. Annals of GIS, 26(4), 319-327 (received 30 citations already) https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19475683.2020.1833365
- Ran Tao, Yuzhou Chen, Joni Downs Firat. (Under 2nd-round revision). Location Optimization of COVID-19 Vaccination Sites: Case in Hillsborough County, Florida Annals of GIS
- Newcomb, K., Smith, M.E., Donohue, R.E., Wyngaard, S., Reinking, C., Sweet, C.R., Levine, M., Unnasch, T.R. & Michael, E. (2022). Data-driven forecasting of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 and the impact of social interventions for controlling pandemic transmission at the local county-level. Scientific Reports 12, 890. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8766467/
- 2. Young G, Xiao P, Newcomb K and Michael E. (2021) Interplay between COVID-19 vaccines and social measures for ending the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. F1000Research 2021, 10:803
- Kee Young Hwang, Valery Ortiz Jiménez, Baleeswaraiah Muchharla, Tatiana Eggers, Anh-Tuan Le, Vu Dinh Lam, and Manh-Huong Phan “A Novel Magnetic Respiratory Sensor for Human Healthcare” Applied Sciences 2021, 11, 3885. https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/11/8/3585
- V.O. Jimenez, K.Y. Hwang, D. Nguyen, Y. Rahman, C. Albrecht, B. Senator, O. Thiabgoh, J. Devkota, V.D.A. Bui, D.S. Lam, T. Eggers, M.H. Phan, Magnetoimpedance Biosensors and Real-Time Healthcare Monitors: Progress, Opportunities, and Challenges, Biosensors 2022, 12, 517. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-6374/12/7/517
- Dang Nguyen, Kee Young Hwang, Yasif Rahman, Valery Ortiz Jiménez, Baleeswaraiah Muchharla, Chau Nguyen, Vinh Duc An Bui, and Manh-Huong Phan “A Novel Magnetic Music Therapy for Respiratory and Covid-19 Patients” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2022 (in preparation)
- Dang Nguyen, Kee Young Hwang, Yasif Rahman, Valery Ortiz Jiménez, Baleeswaraiah Muchharla, Vinh Duc An Bui, and Manh-Huong Phan “Real-Time Magnetic Tracking of Covid-19 Patients” Nature Biomedical Engineering 2022 (in preparation)
- Heather O’Leary, Scott Parr, Marwa El-Sayed, “The breathing human infrastructure: Integrating air quality, traffic, and social media indicators,” Science of the Total Environment, 827 (2022) 154209, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.154209, 2022.
- Yasin Elshorbany, Kapper, H., Ziemke, J., Parr, S.: “The Status of Air Quality in the US during the COVID-19 Pandemic,” Remote Sensing, 2021, 13, 369. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs13030369, 2021
- El-Sayed, M., Elshorbany, Y., Koehler, K.: “On the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on air quality in Florida, Environmental Pollution,” 117451, ISSN 0269-7491, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2021.117451, 2021.
- Crisman, TL; Winters, ZS. The Water-Energy-Food Nexus in COVID-19. The Cairo Review of Global Affairs 2020, April 17, 2020.
- Crisman, TL; Winters, ZS. Contrasting Responses of the Water-Energy-Food Nexus to Long Term Change, Catastrophic Weather Events and the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Cairo Review of Global Affairs 2020, April 6, 2020.
- Crisman, TL. Averting a Total Collapse. The Cairo Review of Global Affairs 2020, Winter 2020.
- Mia C. Borlongan, Maximillian C. Borlongan, and Paul R. Sanberg. Cell Transplantation, 2020. The Disillusioned Comfort with COVID-19 and the Potential of Convalescent Plasma and Cell Therapy
- Quantifying the Pandemic’s Economic Impact from Space, Maxar 2020 Impact Report, page 21 (maxar.com)